- How did you first come to art and creativity? How did your journey in art and creativity begin?
I've been drawing since I was a little girl. When I was very young, it was my favorite activity! I participated in a TV drawing contest when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I did a drawing of a chick and I won the first place. I continued drawing until I was a teenager.
- When and how did you realize this was your real life path?
I have been working in other areas for the last 20 years. After moving further from the city, I have decided to work from home and working in art was in my project. Three years ago, I have discovered about ACEO (Art Cards). It was a great discovery for me and I was so enthousiast! At that moment I realized that It was the beginning of a wonderful adventure for me!
- Your main sources of inspiration are animals, in particular cats. Is there a particular reason for choosing them as your “muse” for your artwork?
I LOVE cats!! And I know people love them too! I love all animals but my favorite is definitely cats. I have a siamese cat at home and this breed is so special for me and he is my inspiration!
- We share a great love for animals and cats in particular, how do you express this in your artwork?
I love painting cats with mice, sometimes the mice are smarter than the cat but I do funny situations, nothing to hurt the cat. Cats love to sleep and mice are taking this moment to do funny things to the cats. I love doing animals acting like humans. I also love to paint cute animal portraits.
- Apart from animals, what are your main sources of inspiration?
I love to paint seascapes, landscapes. My other main source of inspiration is definitely the ocean. When I go on vacation at the sea, I always become emotional when I see it on the first day of my vacations, especially when I wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning and watch the sunrise. I can stand there for hours. It's so beautiful!
- How has life affected your art and art affected your life?
Art brings me joy in my life. Art remembers me about my childhood, especially when I do funny paintings, so it helps me stay young in my heart! I like to watch comedy programs, funny videos and everything that makes me laugh and I think my paintings reflect this aspect.
- Art is about light and color! What are your favourite colors?
My favorite color is blue. All kinds of blue! I often wear blue, I choose blue for almost everything!
- What do you like most about the creative process?
Being able to reproduce what I have in my mind on a piece of paper, that's what I like the most. I also like to try new techniques and new products. I recently started to paint in watercolor and I really like it.
- Did you have a formal training in the arts or attend art courses?
I never had the chance to take a course in Art but I have a natural talent and I've always learned myself. I am a self-taught and self-representative artist. I like to read about art and try new techniques.
- Do you have a studio or home studio or particular part of your house you have devoted to your artwork? Where do you create your artwork?
I have a room in my house that is just for me! I have all I need to create my art, prints and laminated products. I really appreciate it!
Thank you dear Lucie for this really beautiful and inspiring interview, I really enjoyed following you on your artistic journey and inspiration! You have incredible natural talent and we wish you lots of happiness and success in your life and with your art.