Monday, June 10, 2013

TIME TO WEAR MY MOST BEAUTIFUL BAG AGAIN

- Rhodes, June 2012 -

It's time for my wonderful, beloved bag again! I am the lucky owner of an amazing hand crafted bag by Joan. I SO love this bag, and not "just" because it's one-of-a-kind and there is no-one else in the world having the same... I always feel like it's "alive", because I can feel the love and craftmanship which was put into this bag. There is so much love in this little bag. I love its little loving, handstitched details, I love the textures and colors, I love its totally unique quality. It fits my style so well... somewhere between bohemian, girlie and fairy-tale. I think that this bag and I were made for each other. Yes, it's a match made in heaven :) In spite of its girlie appearance, this bag is a high-quality piece made with high skill and haute-couture quality. Each detail is a piece of art in itself, the inner lining matching the outside in beauty and craftmanship. Besides being the most wonderful soul and doing amazing work in her cat sanctuary on Syros, Greece, Joan is a talented artist and has been a successful textile and accessories designer back in her Danish days -- her work being featured in magazines and carried by celebrity shops. But since she and her husband have chosen this little Greek island as their permanent home, Joan has found her true life path in helping cats in need. She is the most GENEROUS soul ever, and I feel so thankful for knowing her and for being able to call her my friend. A kindred soul for sure. If you don't know her yet, please read her heartmoving stories on her wonderful blog God's Little People.

- Syros, Greece, photo Joan Bowell -

- Turin, June 2013 -









No comments:

Post a Comment