Thursday, August 9, 2012
-Ahhh-mazing BBQ Chicken
Adapted from Cook's Illustrated- my favorite cooking mag.
Chicken breasts, cut into large bite size pieces
1 teaspoon course salt
2 slices of bacon
2 Tablespoons paprika
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of sugar
BBQ sauce (we love Baby Ray's)
Skewers (If you are going to use wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes)
1. Rub course salt over the chicken pieces. Cover the chicken pieces and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. Cut the bacon into large pieces. In food processor, process the bacon until it forms a paste.
3. Combine the paprika and sugar in a bowl and add the bacon paste.
4. Take the chicken out of the fridge and rub the paprika/bacon mix into the chicken pieces really well. My bacon paste didn't rub so well but I coated the chicken as best as I could. Then skewer the chicken. I took the pieces of paste that kept falling off the chicken and stuck it between the chicken pieces on the skewer.
5. Heat up your grill. When it's really hot, add the skewers. Cook for 5-7 minutes on one side and brush with BBQ sauce. Flip the skewers over, brush other side with bbq sauce, and cook 5-7 minutes longer.
SO FREAKING GOOD. And I'm not even a huge bacon fan....