Sunday, November 11, 2012

7 LITTLE FACTS ABOUT ME - #6

A lovely reader "challenged" me to reveal a bit more about my "7 little facts"... so here is fact #6! :)


6. I am bilingual (Italian-German), and this fact fueled my love for languages!

I'm not only bilingual but binational as well... My mom is German and my dad is Italian. Since day 1, my mother talked to me in German, so that was the first language I was actually exposed to. I grew up bilingual and this fact fueled my love for languages! Being exposed to two languages from such an early age, learning more languages was kind of easier. I speak English fluently, I studied French and Spanish in High School (lost lots, but I still understand quite well), and I speak some very basic Greek too. And I just love languages! I think they are all wonderful, and all equally beautiful and important.

No comments:

Post a Comment