Sunday, November 25, 2012

7 LITTLE FACTS ABOUT ME - #7

A lovely reader "challenged" me to reveal a bit more about my "7 little facts"... so here is fact #7! :)

7. I have a little tattoo, it's a spiral sun I designed myself!

This is my spiral sun tattoo! I love suns and spirals so much that 4 years and a half ago I got my first (and only) tattoo featuring a combined design of my beloved symbols. I love symbols, and that was kind of a symbol of new life and rebirth. Needless to say, that was a very special summer and year in my life :) Spirals are a universally widespread symbol and are present in many ancient civilizations and still widely used as a decorative motif in many cultures. Spirals often show up in my work, often combined with suns.
Ok... now I hear you asking where I have my tattoo :) ... Well, it's right behind my right shoulder :)


You can read my previous post about spirals, swirls and meanders here.

- Aegean Sun 3 -

No comments:

Post a Comment