Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DIY - Handmade Birthday Card

{ Guest Post from Eleanna }

Hello my friends!!!

I am really glad to have a great friend and a talented artist in my blog, as a guest blogger. You have already met her a few months ago, but still it is a great feeling to have great persons around. Eleanna shares with us a wonderful tutorial for a cute birthday card and I am really curious to read it. Aren't you?

**********************************

Hello lovely people!

My name is Eleanna aka zdrop for the crafting world! I am an architect and urbanist from Greece.  I love design all scales and I enjoy creating things with my hands. It makes me happier! :)

I also write craft tutorials for Crafttuts+. I speak a lot, I laugh [too] loud, I love swimming, dancing and eating ice-cream!
  
Yesterday a dear friend of mine had her birthday, so I decided to make her a b-day card! Would you like to see what I made? Well, It is a simple and fun project that can be adapted to different occasions!






You will need:
-some craft paper with different patterns in the color palette of your choice.
-Glue
-Pen
-Waxed thread.
-Lighter
-Scissors
-Awl or any other sharp tool.
-Eraser





First take one of the cards and fold it in half. This will be the base of your card. Now, choose a paper with a different pattern and cut it in half. Fold both strips in a zig zag way. You can also cut a small piece off to create a hole-design. Use the two strips of paper to from a circular flower, gluing them in the center. Now, glue them in front of your card.





Cool! The cover is sorted. You could leave the card like that and write your message inside. I  went for a more fun way. I created a garland to write my message. So if you wish to do the same, first count the letters of your message and cut some triangles from the different papers. Fold the paper first and cut the triangle using both sides of the paper. The upper edge of the triangle should be the folded edge and is the side you will use to hang the triangles from the thread. Write each letter of your message on one triangle. Now glue them on two strings of thread. Measure the needed length for the thread based on the card; it needs to open wide but at the same time the threads should not be hanging while the card is folded. Now you need to create four holes to your card to tie the strings. Place the card on the eraser and pinch it with the awl while folded. Pass the thread through the holes and secure the end by burning it really carefully! There is always the alternative of a small knot.


Ta-dah! Your b-day card is ready! All you need to do is give it to a friend! I had to sent mine, so I hope it will arrive safe....fingers-crossed. I hope you enjoyed the project as much as I did and that you got motivated to try it out! Come on, it will only take you 10 minutes. :)







Thank you for hosting my post Zina! 

******************************

Thank you Eleanna!!! It is really a beautiful idea for a unique handmade birthday card! Thank you for sharing it!!!
And if you want to discover more about Eleanna, please meet her in
etsy shopzdrop
facebook : zdrop
pinterest : zdrop
flickr:       zdrop


Don't forget to enter to EGST Giveaway to win Hot Pink Agate Bracelet by Ef Zin Creations!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment