Sunday, March 17, 2013

BEACH POTTERY JEWELRY

Medina

I love beach pottery... you find it walking on a beautiful beach, and every piece has its own story. I love the way the sea or ocean models a piece making it smooth and soft in shape, and I love the fact that beach pottery is the expression of the culture of a specific country or sea shore. Beach pottery found on the shores of the Mediterranean is so different in design and textures from the one found on the shores of Scotland, or of Maine... and again, beach pottery gathered on the shores of a Greek island is so different in design from Italian beach pottery, or Spanish beach pottery. The glazings on beach pottery finds are often amazing, and make for gorgeous pieces of jewelry just left as they are.


Thank you for loving my new Mediterraneo ring! :) Since you liked the idea of making rings out of beach pottery, I decided to show you more rings I made out of beach pottery... some using the pieces as they were, some highlighted with paint or combined with copper wire and beads.


Mediterraneo 1, 2, 3 and 5 are already sold, Mediterraneo 4, 6, 7 and 8 are still available :) Mediterraneo 1 to 6 are all made with Italian beach pottery, Mediterraneo 7 and 8 are made from Greek beach pottery.


And this is my "trilogy" Anime Gemelle / Insieme / Dall'Eternità ('twin souls together since eternity'), which I had dedicated to my soulmate! Dall'Eternità is already sold, Anime Gemelle and Insieme are still available. All the three pieces were made out of Italian beach pottery finds (Riviera).

- Italian Riviera beach pottery finds -

I hope you enjoyed the "beach pottery ring tour", I will be making some beach pottery pendants soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment