Thursday, May 16, 2013

Experimental Jewelry : MARIAELA

I love experimental and unconventional jewelry! In this series I'm featuring jewelry artists who work with unconventional materials and techniques, and who see a ring or a pendant as a canvas to express their art and creativity.

As soon as I ran across Ela's colorful and unique work on Etsy, I fell in love! It was love at first sight! Can you tell why? Well, it's easy! I love colorful and unique jewelry which stands out from the crowd, I love unique rings (and Ela makes amazing ones!), and I love photographing my work in natural settings and bright sunshine (and Ela does that so beautifully!). Ela is a jewelry artist from Poland, and all of her work is lovingly created by her from scratch, including the ring settings. She has an astonishing ability in working with ceramic, fused glass and copper -- and I have a deep admiration for that. She also incorporates semi-precious stones and minerals in her work (such as jade, amethyst, lava, agate and more), setting them in her handmade metal settings. 
Ela is a very successful jewelry designer on Etsy, where she sells her wonderful work in her shop Mariaela. Please look for yourself, it's really worth it!



















No comments:

Post a Comment